History & Objectives:
The Canadian Historical Arms Society was founded in 1967 by a group of individuals interested in the collection, preservation, and application of all categories of arms, from bayonet and Samurai swords, antique and modern military arms and accoutrements to black powder muzzleloaders. We are a duly authorized society under the Alberta Societies Act.
The general objectives and purposes of the society are:
- To provide to members of the society a means whereby members of the society may gather to discuss the artifacts in which they are interested;
- To encourage the safe handling of and respect for arms;
- To further the knowledge of the members of the society as to the history of the arms and their restoration and maintenance;
- To promote recreational and social activities among the members of the society;
- To promote public awareness of the historical value of arms;
- To ensure that the above objectives are met, the club provides a meeting place where members can pursue their interests, discuss the merits of firearms and to swap, trade or sell their collectibles.